A boil is recognized as a small rounded lump, which is red, painful and can get bigger over time. In some cases, boils can lead to other health condition such as fever. According to experts, the underlying cause of boils is bacterial infections in hair follicles.
As soon as you notice the very signs of boils, immediately treat them with home treatments that only require natural and available ingredients around your house. By doing this, you will successfully avoid the spread and development of boils and the discomforts of their symptoms.
Here are top 15 home remedies for boils that are easy to apply and highly effective in eliminating the annoyance.
1. Warm Compress
The first home remedy for boils is also the simplest one on the list, which only requires the heat to stimulate the circulation and eliminate the boils.
- Soak a towel in a bowl of hot water. Wring out excess water and put it directly on the boils. Wait until the towel cool down.
- You can add some salt into the bowl to enhance the effect.
- Do this several times a day.
2. Black Seeds
Being placed in the list of home remedies for boils, black seeds have shown itself as a perfect ingredient for the treatment. By applying black seeds, you will receive a quick relief from the pain and other annoying symptoms.
- Grind some black seeds into paste then use it to apply on the boils.
- You can also use black seed oil to apply onto the affected skin.
- At the same time, do not forget to consume the tea from black seeds twice a day to accelerate the healing. All you need to do is mix ½ teaspoons of black seed oil in water.
3. Bread Poultice
There is a little-known but effective treatment of boils that is called bread poultice. Basically, the treatment helps to push the boil to its head, which in turn reduce the inflammation. Additionally, the heat from the bread is able to boost blood circulation, enhancing the activities of white blood cells in the areas to combat infections.
- Simply soak some bread in warm water or milk.
- Use them to apply onto the boils directly.
- Do this twice daily to quickly improve the condition.
4. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has been found with strong antifungal, antibacterial and antiseptic properties, which makes it an ideal home remedy for boils. By making use of beneficial properties, tea tree oil can reduce the infection as well as inflammation in the area. Besides, it also speeds up the healing process to so that your skin can quickly recover from the condition.
- Directly apply the oil onto the affected skin.
- Wait for some minutes before rinse off with water.
- Do this several times a day until the boils completely disappear.
Learn about another benefit of tea tree oil at Home Remedies For Jock Itch.
Neem should be included in the list of home remedies for boils due to its powerful antimicrobial, antibacterial and antiseptic properties that can efficiently eliminate the symptoms of boils and instantly improve the skin.
- Grind some neem leaves to get a paste. Apply it directly on the affected skin. Leave it some minutes before washing off with clean water.
- Alternatively, put some neem leaves into boiling water. After 15 minutes, remove the leaves and let the water cool down. Use the liquid to cleanse the affected area.
The reason explaining for the present of turmeric in the list of home remedies for boils is its outstanding anti-inflammatory quality. Besides, the ingredient is also able to purify the blood, removing toxin and waste out of the body.
- Add a teaspoon of turmeric powder into a cup of milk or hot water. Mix well and consume. Do this several times a day to get the best result.
- Alternatively, mix turmeric and ginger in the same ratio. Use the mixture to apply on the boils then cover it with a bandage. After a few hours, remove the bandage and rinse off.
Onion is a familiar ingredient in your kitchen, which is popularly used in culinary. However, not many people are fully aware of the benefits of onion can bring to human, including treatments of boils.
- Cut an onion into thick slices. Apply them onto the boils.
- Cover the area with a piece of clean cloth and leave it there for a few hours. Finally, remove and rinse off with water.
- Do this several times a day until the boils completely disappear.
Like onion, garlic contains anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties, which are needed for treatments of boils. This is the reason why you should never miss this ingredient in the list of home remedies.
- Crush some garlic cloves and apply directly onto the boils.
- Alternatively, slightly heat up garlic cloves and put them on the affected areas. Leave it there for 10-15 minutes then rinse off.
- Do not forger to consume more garlic in your daily diet.
Cornmeal is a useful ingredient in treatments of boils but not many people are mindful of this fact.
- Add some cornmeal into boiling water to get a thick paste.
- Apply the paste to the boils and cover it with a clean cloth.
- After a couple of hours, rinse off the area.
- Do this 2 times a day until the boil is drained.
10. Parsley Leaves
If you are suffering from annoying problems of boils, do not forget to use parsley, which can make an easy but powerful treatment of boils.
- To make use of the ingredient, boil some parsley leaves in a pot of water.
- After that, remove the water and take the leaves to apply onto the boils.
- Wrap the area with a bandage for 1-2 hours before washing off.
11. Castor Oil
Castor oil is believed to make a great treatment of boils, thanks to its strong antiseptic property.
- Use a cotton ball to soak in the oil. Remove the excess amount of oil then apply onto the boils.
- Leave it there for some minutes before rinsing off with water.
Milk is one of the oldest home remedies for boils, which have been used since ancient time. By soothing the pain and speeding up healing, milk will be your best friend to deal with this condition.
Warm up some milk and add into it 3 teaspoons of salt then mix well. To get a thicker paste, use some crumbed bread or flour to add into the mixture. Apply the paste to the boils and wait for some minutes before rinsing off. Do this several times a day.
Alternatively, mix milk cream, vinegar and turmeric powder to get a fine paste. Use the paste to apply to the boils.
You will never believe in the incredible effect of eggs in home remedies for boils until you actually see it yourself.
- Take an egg and boil it. After removing the eggshell, take only the yolk.
- Slightly crush the yolk and apply onto the boils.
- Cover the area with a cloth.
- After a couple of hours, remove and rinse off.
14. Cumin Seeds
Another home remedy for boils, which helps you instantly get rid of the problem and also is really easy to make, is the cumin seed.
- All you need to do is crushing some cumin seeds and mix with a little of water then you get a fine paste.
- Apply the paste to the boils and wait for 15-30 minutes.
- Do this several times a day and you will get the best result.
Last but not least, nutmeg provides you a quickly relief from the annoyance by making an excellent treatment of boils.
- Add ½ teaspoon of nutmeg powder to a cup of hot water or milk.
- Mix it well and consume.
- Do this several times a day to get the best result.
Source: http://www.healthdirect.gov.au  https://www.nlm.nih.gov  https://authorityremedies.com
More by Jenny Heth