Kidney stones can be simply understood as a consequence of toxin accumulation in the kidney, leading to hard deposits. At the first stage, the stones are really small but they can get bigger over time, even to the size of a tennis ball.
Symptoms of Kidney Stones
Kidney stones cannot be seen without operation to take them out. However, you still can notice the problem through commons symptoms, including:
- Pain in the side and back of the body.
- Difficulty and pain during urinating.
- High frequency of urination.
- Nausea and vomiting.
Causes of Kidney Stones
Kidney stones are not created just after one night. In fact, they are the consequence of a long process, in which the toxin gradually builds up inside the organ. This accumulation is due to the bad habit of eating and unhealthy lifestyle. For instance, a person with a habit of eating too salty and acidic food and no exercise will have higher possibility to get kidney stones than others.
It is crucial to prevent kidney stones in advance. However, if you are already get the condition, do not rush to worry, there are several natural treatments of kidney stones that can help you quickly eliminate the annoyance.
Let’s explore top 14 home remedies for kidney stones that you should seriously take into consideration.
An essential home remedy for kidney stones that you have to apply no matter which treatments you follow is drinking more water. By increasing fluid intake, you will help to dissolve the kidney stones and gradually eliminate them from your body. Accordingly, drink at least 2-3 liters of water a day to quickly remove the stone in your kidneys.
If you do not want to use something more delicious and interesting than plain water to make natural remedies for kidney stones, try watermelon. This fruit is believed to possess an immense quantity of water, which make up for 90% of its weight. Accordingly, watermelon can be used with the same effect as water.
Plus, the minerals in watermelon, especially calcium and magnesium contribute significantly to healthy kidneys and balance the acids level in urine.
To make use of watermelon, consume the fruit or drink its juice several times a day.
Being placed on the top of the list of home remedies for kidney stones, pomegranate makes use of its astringent quality to inhibit the growth of kidney stones, preventing them from getting bigger. Besides, the whole fruit, including seeds and juice, is extremely beneficial for the digestive system.
- You can choose consuming either a pomegranate or its juice twice daily.
- Grind some seeds of a pomegranate and mix it with horse gram soup for consumption 1-2 times daily.
4. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice brings along a countless number of health benefits, including natural remedies for kidney stones. Basically, the citric acid in lemon can accelerate the breakdown of calcium in kidney stones and inhibit their development.
- Squeeze a lemon to get its juice and mix with an equal amount of olive oil.
- Add the mixture into a cup of water and mix well
- Consume the solution several times a day.
It should be noted that this remedy is only applied for the case of small stones. Supposing your kidney stones are quite large, the method is no longer recommended.
If you are wondering how to get rid of kidney stones, you should not skip wheatgrass, which is packed with an array of nutrients such as B vitamins, potassium and magnesium.
- Get the juice from wheatgrass.
- Add some lemon juice to enhance the effects.
Celery makes an excellent home remedy for kidney stones, as it is able to eliminate the pain while urinating and improve the kidney health. Besides, the vegetable can inhibit the toxins formation in kidney that gradually leads to stones.
- Get the juice from celery.
- Consume the juice several times a day to quickly improve the condition.
Cranberry is loaded with anti-spasmodic quality, which is beneficial for those who are suffering from kidney problems. By reducing the symptoms of the condition, cranberry is highly recommended to use for home remedies for kidney stones.
To make use of the ingredient, simply consume its juice 2-3 times daily.
Learn about another benefit of cranberry at Home Remedies for Bacterial Vaginosis.
8. Kidney Beans
The rich source of fiber is what making kidney beans be placed on the list of home remedies for kidney stones.
- Add a cup of kidney beans in a bowl of boiling water.
- Leave it for several hours for simmering or you can stop when the beans are softer.
- Remove the water and let the beans cool down.
- Consume them during the day as a delicious snack.
- Do not consume the beans that are left overnight since the therapeutic quality in them is already lost.
Basil is beneficial for many organs’ functioning of the body, including kidneys. Furthermore, it can also be a great natural kidney stone treatment by helping to treat the symptoms of kidney stones.
- Get the juice of basil by crush some of its leaves.
- Mix the juice with raw honey in the same ratio.
- Use the mixture to consume every morning.
- Alternatively, make the tea from basil and drink several times a day.
Grape has been well known as a delicious and healthy food and one of its benefits bringing to human is the ability to make home remedies for kidney stones. Aside from the vitamins and other essential nutrients that grape can provide to us, the fruit also can dissolve the stone in kidney gradually.
If you are looking for a simple but powerful treatment of kidney stones, apple might be all what you need. With a significant amount of fiber and vitamins, apple helps to enhance the kidneys function and inhibit the development of stones. The best way to make home remedies for kidney stones from apples is directly consume them or drink its juice a few times a day.
When it comes to home remedies for kidney stones, horsetail can be a potential candidate. It is advisable to consume horsetail at least 2-3 times a day to instantly eliminate stones in kidney.
- Add 1 spoon of dried horsetail into a cup of boiling water.
- Let it steep for a few minutes, strain and let it cool down.
- Finally consume the solution.
Regarding home remedies for kidney stones, tomato is among the best candidate for the ingredient due to its nutrients and special properties. To get rid of kidney stones, get tomato juice to consume several times per day. This not only helps with the kidney problem but also benefits your skin.
Among the best home remedies for kidney stones, figs are outstanding for its ample source of potassium, which is beneficial for kidney. To quickly get rid of kidney stones and improve the health of this organ, make a solution by boiling fids in water and consume it every morning.
Source: http://www.niddk.nih.gov  https://www.nlm.nih.gov  https://authorityremedies.com
More by Jenny Heth
- Top 15 Natural Home Remedies for Asthma
- 15 Natural Home Remedies for Acid Reflux
- Top 10 Health Benefits of Goldenseal
- Top Superfoods to Reduce Belly Fat
- Health Benefits of Barley
- Top 15 Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks Naturally
- Top 10 health benefits of dates that you should take note