What is Vaginal Odor?
Vaginal odor is a fairly common problem which almost every woman will face for once to twice throughout their life.
What causes Vaginal Odor?
The odor in vagina can be caused by numerous reasons like growth of bacteria, lack of hygiene, yeast infections, changes in hormone as well as STD (sexual transmitted disease).
What are the symptoms of Vaginal Odor?
If the odor is triggered by infection, you might experience such symptoms as itchiness, inflammation, redness as well as irritation in the vagina. Also there will be fishy odor presented which is due to bacterial vaginosis [Read more: Home Remedies for Bacterial Vaginosis].
Here are top 10 effective home remedies for vaginal odor that you can use to purify the vaginal area and prevent any embarassing moment.
Apple Cider Vinegar
With antiseptic and antibacterial effects, apple cider vinegar is considered the best ingredient for how to stop vaginal odor naturally. You can apply the simplest method using apple cider vinegar which is bathing in water containing the vinegar. It will help you eliminate bacteria and toxins that trigger the vaginal odor. Furthermore, it will assist you in restoring the acidic nature of vaginal flora.
- Put 2 cups of this vinegar into a tub with warm water. Soak your body for at least 20 minutes. Practice couples of time per week.
- Ingest some water together with 1 – 2 tbsps of apple cider vinegar every day.
The popular baking soda is also an excellent tip for how to stop vaginal odor naturally. It is capable of balancing the levels of pH in your body. Once the pH level is at balance, the odor will automatically dissipate.
- Put ½ cup of baking soda into the tub filled with water.
- Soak the body in there for at least 20 minutes.
- Then have your body dried meticulously using clean towel.
If you are looking for some foods which can both be healthy and help you stop vaginal odor, then yogurt is the perfect solution. With abundance of lactobacillus bacteria, it is extremely effective at combating candida infection and balancing the level of pH in vagina.
- Ingest 2 cups of plain and unsweetened yogurt every day. Also you can use the supplements of probiotic.
- You can use a tampon which is soaked in plain yogurt and then have it inserted in the body. After couples of hour, you can remove the tampon and wash the vaginal area.
Another one from the vinegar family which is highly recommended as the solution for how to stop vaginal odor naturally is white vinegar. This vinegar is capable of neutralizing odors through destroying odor proteins. Also similar to apple cider vinegar, white vinegar can help you restore balance levels of pH in vagina rather well.
- Put ½ cup each of salt and white vinegar into a tub with warm water.
- Have body soaked for couples of minute.
- Practice couples of time per week.
Tea Tree Oil
Possessing powerful antiseptic and antifungal effects, tea tree oil is the best essential oil which is recommended as the solution for how to stop vaginal odor naturally. It can effectively eliminate the bacteria which cause the odor problem.
- Put 3 drops of tea tree oil into some water. Then use that solution to wash the vaginal area every day or couples of time per week.
- Also you can soak the tampon in the olive oil and then put on a bit of tea tree oil. Have the tampon inserted in the vagina and keep it there for about 1 hour. Practice couples of time per week.
Even though, garlic is known for being smelly, it is an excellent antibiotic from nature which is effective at fighting vaginal infections together with vaginal odor. Strong antifungal effect from garlic can support you in eliminating yeast infection as well as negative bacteria.
- Ingest garlic either raw or cooked every day. You can have 1 – 2 cloves of raw garlic while the stomach is still empty and then finish with some warm water. Also you can include some cloves or even the paste of garlic into salads or other dishes.
- You can apply another way which is having a garlic piece inserted into the vagina for 1 – 2 hours. Practice every day or couples of time per week.
This seed is the ideal solution for how to stop vaginal odor as it is extremely beneficial for women. If taking regularly, it will help you maintain hormonal balance as well as improve regular menstruation.
Put 1 – 2 tsps of fenugreek seeds into some water to soak before bedtime. Next morning, after straining the seeds out, ingest the water while the stomach is still empty.
Also you can prepare some tea from fenugreek. You just need to put a tsp of fenugreek into some water and boil. After straining, ingest 2 times per day.
Note: This seed might trigger diarrhea as well as irritation for the skin. In case you are having those side effects, cease the application of this tip.
Also called amla, this fruit is highly suggested solution for how to stop vaginal odor naturally. Being the organic cleanser and blood purifier in nature, it can efficiently manage the infection which trigger vaginal odor.
Even better, this ingredient can even control the leucorrhoea which is the thick discharge from the vagina.
You just need to ingest the Indian gooseberry every day in any form such as pickles, raw, juice or powder.
Also called Indian lilac, this herb contains antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal effects which are essential for combating vaginal infections and eliminating vaginal odor.
- Put some neem leaves into water and boil.
- After straining, let it cool.
- Wash the vagina using this solution every day for couples of day or 1 week.
The citrus fruits are capable of supporting you in combating vaginal odor as well as infections effectively due to its richness of vitamin C which is the immune booster. Moreover, it can even help you flush out harmful toxins accumulated in the body.
Good immunity will help you protect yourself from harmful bacteria which can trigger vaginal odor. Those fruits can even assist you in dealing with urinary tract infections.
You just need to simply ingest fruits such as oranges, lemons, grapes, sweet lime, grapefruits, cranberries and pineapples.
- Ingest lots of water during the day in order to clear out negative bacteria and toxins in your body and protect yourself from various health problems.
- Keep away from drinks which contain sugar, caffeine and refined carbohydrate as well as yeast production.
- Have your body checked for indication of infection.
- Practice personal hygiene properly.
- Put in panties made from 100% cotton in order to encourage air circulation as well as maintain ventilation for the vulva and keep out of excessive perspiration.
- Have the panty-liners, tampons and pads changed frequently.
- Keep away from using products with scents because they might cause imbalance of pH in the vagina.
- In case the problem is relating to intercourse, have the vagina cleansed using water and mild soap after sex.
- Practice safe sex behavior.
Source: http://www.cdc.gov  http://womenshealth.gov  https://authorityremedies.com
More by Jenny Heth
- Top 10 Home Remedies for Staph Infection
- Top 15 Natural Home Remedies for Boils
- Top 15 Natural Home Remedies for Asthma
- 15 Natural Home Remedies for Acid Reflux