The mainstream media like to remind us that eating all that sugar will lead to weight gain and if you need to achieve weight loss you need to minimize your consumption of carbohydrates (including fruits).
Well, many people on a vegan diet, including a high fruit vegan diet, have found the exact opposite to be true.
A study from the University of South Carolina supports the fact that a vegan diet for weight loss is best, if compared to many other diets.
A Vegan Diet For Weight Loss Is Best
There was a study published in The International Journal of Applied and Basic Nutritional Sciences (1), and they compared the amount of weight lost by people on various diets.
Participants who took part in this 6-month study were eating 5 different diets, including:
- Omnivore diet, which includes all animal products
- Semi-vegetarian diet with occasional meat intake
- Vegetarian diet, which excludes meat, poultry and fish, but includes dairy
- Pesco-vegetarian diet, which excludes meat, but includes seafood
- Vegan diet, which excludes all animal products
At the end of the six months, they concluded that a vegan diet for weight loss worked best.
Those people who were eating the vegan diet lost more weight than the other groups by an average of 4.3%, or 16.5 pounds in weight.
Weight loss results on a vegan diet started appearing after 2 months of them following it.
The study found that weight release was not the only positive for those participants in the vegan group.
They also showed the biggest amount of decrease in their fat levels at the two and six month checks, had improved macro nutrients more than the other diets and also lower BMIs.
Eating a whole foods vegan diet with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables has many advantages, including:
- Hydration is imperative for achieving optimal health. On a high fruit raw vegan diet you will be eating plant foods that are high in water content and so will aid your body to stay hydrated and lead to greatly improved digestion, elimination and speedy health restoration.
- Nutrition is a much overlooked part of the modern western diet where empty calories abound, but with a high fruit raw vegan diet that is packed full of vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, including those hugely important antioxidants, you know you are giving your body the best chance of reaching optimal health.
- Natural detoxification — this way of eating allows your body to detox itself of stored toxins and remain in tip-top and lean shape every day of the year.
- Natural weight release — whole food vegan diet that is high in raw foods is naturally lower calorie per bite than most other foods that you will find available.
In short, if you want to achieve natural weight loss, along with optimal health and well-being, then you cannot choose a better option than eating a vegan and high raw diet.
About the author: Yulia Tarbath is a Certified Nutritionist at Rawsomehealthy, author, parent and international speaker with nearly 8 years of experience on a raw foods, vegan lifestyle. Together with her husband, Paul Tarbath, they are authorities on living a balanced, nutritionally sufficient vegan lifestyle. Through their videos, blogs, coaching and online programs, they are supporting both women and men around the world in cleansing and healing their bodies naturally, as well as achieving the shape and health of their dreams. Get started today by signing up to their FREE 5-day raw food menu plan.
- Huang, R-H. et al. Vegetarian Diets and Weight Reduction: a Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials. Journal of General Internal Medicine, June 2015 DOI: 10.1007/s11606-015-3390-7
The post Study Shows That A Vegan Diet For Weight Loss Is Best appeared first on NaturalNews Blogs.