Once pushed aside due to its saturated fat content and sneaky high-level marketing tricks from the corn and soy industry, coconut oil is finally making its way back into our homes.
Coconut oil is actually one of the healthiest, heart-friendly foods on our planet and truly deserves its spot amongst the superfoods. Its medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) are quickly metabolized and instead of being stored as fat they are used for energy right away.
Since it has a strong chemical structure and high smoke point, it is also one of the best oils for high heat cooking. And just as a side note, it won’t make your food taste like coconut at all. It actually adds a nice buttery flavor.
And if this hasn’t convinced you just yet, then these 34 amazing benefits and uses will. I’m sure of that.
34 benefits and uses of coconut oil
- Regular consumption of coconut oil helps to lower bad cholesterol.
- Regular consumption of coconut oil strengthens the immune system and helps to stave off sick-making bacteria and viruses.
- 1-3 tablespoons coconut oil a day aids weight loss. It boosts metabolism (fat burning process), and curbs appetite.
- When taken before a meal, it improves digestion too.
- When added to smoothies, salads or other dishes with raw vegetables, it helps your body to absorb more nutrients from these foods. Especially the fat-soluble vitamins (like vitamins A, D, E & K).
- Can be used as a healthy cream substitute for your morning coffee or tea. Doing so will also reduce appetite and avoid in between snacking.
- Coconut oil can be used as a natural, chemical-free skin moisturizer to fight pre-mature aging.
- It soothes psoriasis, eczema, and other skin issues.
- Can be used as an anti-bacterial agent for minor scrapes and skin rashes.
- Soothes itchy bug bites.
- It can also be used as a deep conditioner for dry, frizzy, dull, and damaged hair.
- Works wonders on fighting dandruff, too.
- It promotes hair growth.
- Can be applied on brittle nails as a cuticle softener.
- It can be added to creams and lotion to hydrate the skin and protect it from the sun’s damaging UV rays.
- When topically applied it soothes sunburns or other types of burns.
- Struggling with cracked, dry heels? Then rub coconut oil on them and sleep overnight with socks on. Repeat until you have soft, smooth feet.
- Coconut oil can be used as eye make-up remover.
- When taken by the spoon it kills internal parasites and yeast infections.
- Improves thyroid function.
- When mixed with Epsom salt, coffee grounds, sugar or salt it makes a great detoxifying and cellulite fighting body scrub.
- Mix with baking soda and peppermint essential oil for a great all natural, fluoride free toothpaste.
- Ever heard of oil pulling with coconut oil for better oral health and teeth withering? Click here for more info.
- A great chemical-free alternative to baby lotions and diaper rash creams.
- Apply topically to soothe cold sores.
- It can help with allergies when taken on a daily basis.
- It may improve sleep and mood.
- It is one of the best carrier oils for massage.
- Coconut oil may improve insulin levels for diabetics.
- It helps regulate hormones and may reduce hot flashes.
- Its healthy fat content may be beneficial for brain disorders such as epilepsy and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Can be used in DIY natural cosmetics such as deodorants, moisturizing creams, and lip balms.
- Prevents stretch marks when applied on a daily basis.
- Can be used for shaving. No need to wash it off, it will add an extra moistening effect after shaving.
Convinced? I bet you are. To make sure you reap all these wonderful benefits opt for organic, cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil.
Looking for a way to prepare your body for the summer months and lose a few pounds while eating delicious, colorful meals? Click here to get you started
The post If You Aren’t Using Coconut Oil Just Yet, Then Read This! appeared first on NaturalNews Blogs.