Gastritis is one of the common digestive problems, which occurs on the stomach lining, also known as the mucosa. In detail, there are glands on the stomach lining, which produce stomach acid used to break down food and an enzyme called pepsin used to digest protein. At the same time, the stomach lining produces mucus to prevent the acidic digestive juice from harming the stomach issue.
When you get gastritis, it means that the mucosa is inflamed, leading to less stomach acid, fewer enzymes and less mucus.
Gastritis can be either acute or chronic.
Symptoms of Gastritis
It is not difficult to notice the symptoms of gastritis. However, many people with the condition do not show any symptoms. Some of common symptoms of gastritis include:
- Lack of appetite
- Vomiting with nausea
- Burning sensation in stomach and heart
- Fullness feeling and pain at the upper abdomen or belly, especially after meals
- Dark stools
Causes of Gastritis
There are several factors causing gastritis in a person, in which the most common ones are:
- Certain medicines like ibuprofen, aspirin, and other pain relievers
- Excessive and heavy alcohol consumption
- Bacteria called Helicobacter Pylori
Other less common causes are:
- Stress and autoimmune disorders
- Cocaine abuse
- Viral infection
Here are top 15 home remedies for gastritis that you should apply at home so as to manage the condition and improve your health…
Undeniably, water plays a vital role in our life. Not only does water keep you alive, but it also contributes to a good physical and mental health. By flushing out waste and toxins out of our body, water helps our stomach work with its best condition.
With those who are suffering from gastritis, it is highly recommended to consume at least 8 glasses of water a day.
To make home remedies for gastritis, yogurt will be one of the best choices for you due to its pleasant taste as well as ability to enhance immunity. Once your immune system is reinforced, your body can easily fight back the bacterial infection.
All you need to do is consume yogurt 2-3 times a day until you see the improvement with gastritis.
Also, you can use yogurt to make other treatments for health, including Home Remedies for Bacterial Vaginosis.
With the anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, ginger seems to be the best solution for your problem now. By using ginger to make home remedies or gastritis, you can instantly reduce inflammation and other symptoms such as abdominal pain, nausea and indigestion, etc.
- Simply chew a piece of fresh ginger before every meal
- Alternatively, mix ginger juice and honey together in the ratio of 1:1 then drink the solution before meals.
- Do this daily in order to quickly improve the condition
Chamomile is highly effective in treating many digestive problems such as abdominal pain, inflammation. Also, it can reduce the risk of developing ulcers. This is the reason why you shouldn’t miss the ingredient in the list of home remedies for gastritis.
- Put 1 tablespoon of dried chamomile flowers in a cup of hot water
- Let it steep for some minutes
- Strain and consume it daily
- You can also add some honey to improve the taste
With the natural antacid and healing properties, potatoes are believed to be a trusted ingredient used for treatments of gastritis.
To make use of the ingredient, get a raw potato and extract its juice. Consume half a cup of potato juice 2-3 times 1-15 minutes before meals on daily basis.
6. Carom Seeds
Carom seeds has been reckoned as a natural antacid, which is used to prove a quick relief from annoying symptoms of gastritis such as nausea, vomiting, bloating and indigestion. This is the reason why you should immediately take advantage of the seeds to make your own natural treatment of gastritis.
To apply the ingredient, simply add a teaspoon of carom seeds powder into a glass of buttermilk along with a little bit of salt. Mix them well then drink it at least twice a day.
It has been confirmed that strawberries contain antioxidant property and phenolic compound, which makes it an ideal ingredient used in home remedies for gastritis.
- Add a tablespoon of strawberry leaves in a cup of hot water.
- Let it steep for some minutes then strain
- Use the solution to consume 2-3 times daily
8. Holy Basil
Thanks to the anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, holy basil possesses an ability to deal with acute gastritis. To use the ingredient to make home remedies for gastritis, you need to:
- Get the juice from some holy basil leaves
- Mix it with ginger juice in the ratio of 1:1
- Drink the mixture 2-3 times everyday to quickly improve the symptoms
9. Fennel Seeds
Fennel seeds are a rich source of antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and stomachic properties. As a result, you can use it to make a natural treatment to get rid of gastritis.
- Add a 1 teaspoons of fennel seeds in a cup of hot water
- Let it steep for 15 minutes then strain
- Add honey to improve the taste and consume the liquid 3 times daily
Licorice is another ingredient used to assist you in the fight against gastritis due to its soothing and anti-inflammatory properties. Just a short period of time after using licorice, you can easily notice the symptoms of gastritis like indigestion, heartburn, etc. disappearing.
- Put a teaspoon of licorice powder in a cup of hot water
- Strain it after waiting for 10 minutes
- Use the solution to drink 2-3 times a day so as to promptly reduce the symptoms
Another home remedy for gastritis is made of marigold. To apply this method, follow these simple steps:
- Consume directly 2-3 teaspoons of marigold extract 2-3 times on daily basis
- Alternatively, you can put them into a cup of hot water then consume the tea.
Peppermint is so well known for its antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic properties. Therefore, it has been used to treat various health as well as beauty problems of human. In case of gastritis, peppermint is able to alleviate the symptoms such as vomiting and nausea, indigestion, inflammation and heartburn.
- You can choose either consuming peppermint tea 3-4 times a day or chewing its fresh leaves or even both of 2 ways.
- It is encouraged to add more peppermint in your daily meal as well
13. Coconut Water
There is an ample source of vitamins and minerals in coconut water, which can be used to eliminate the toxins and waste out of your body as well as reinforce the digestive system and overall health. For that reason, coconut water becomes one of the most popular home remedies for gastritis. Besides, it is also a favorite beverage for a hot summer day.
To deal with gastritis, simply consume 1-2 glass of coconut water daily to improve the condition.
Lemon is a kind of citrus fruit that contains a great source of antioxidant, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Therefore, by using lemon to make home remedies for gastritis, you can help yourself manage the condition by reducing inflammation and other symptoms of gastritis, especially vomiting and nausea.
- Simply drink lemon juice daily in a week
- You can also add a little salt or honey to improve the taste
- Do not over consume lemon since it can cause adverse effect for your condition
Despite the fact that tamarind contains natural acid that can make the condition of gastritis worse, if you use the ingredient with a proper amount, it actually provides you with great benefits to deal with gastritis symptoms.
- Mix tamarind water, cumin water and some asafoetida together
- Use the solution to drink 1-2 times a day so that you can quickly see the improvement.
Source: https://www.nlm.nih.gov  http://www.health.vic.gov.au  https://authorityremedies.com
More by Jenny Heth
- Home Remedies for Dry Hair – Top 15 Effective Treatments
- Home Remedies for Psoriasis – Top 14 Simple Treatments
- Home Remedies for Alopecia
- Top 10 Natural Home Remedies for Ingrown Toenail
- Top 10 Natural Home Remedies for Vaginal Odor
- Top 10 Home Remedies for Staph Infection
- Top 15 Natural Home Remedies for Boils
- Top 15 Natural Home Remedies for Asthma
- 15 Natural Home Remedies for Acid Reflux
The post Home Remedies for Gastritis – Top 15 Natural Treatments appeared first on NaturalNews Blogs.