It is estimated that a person has averagely 5 million hairs on over their body except on some parts such as lips, the palms of the hands and soles of the feet. Hairs are in charge of keeping you warm and protect your ears, eyes, nose and other parts. Some of the hair problems are hair loss, dandruff, infections and dry hair appears as the most common one.
A hair usually consists of 3 layers: the cuticle, the cortex and medulla. When you get dry hair, it is likely to be the cuticle, the outermost layer of your hair that gets affected. The condition occurs when your hair cannot get enough nutrition and moisture to maintain its texture and shininess. To be more specific, normally, each hair get moisturized by the oil secreted by the sebaceous glands under your skin. Therefore, people with dry skin are more prone to dry hair than other people.
Symptoms of Dry Hair
- No elasticity
- Itchy scalp
- Rough, dull and tangled hair
- Split ends
- Lack of luster and shine
Causes of Dry Hair
- Lack of moisture caused by malnutrition and dehydration
- Over-exposure to sun light or hash weather like hot, humid and dry
- Excessive use of chemical products
- Medical condition like Anorexia Nervosa, heredity, under-active thyroid, etc.
Fortunately, there are many solutions for your hair problem. Here are top 15 home remedies for dry hair that you can make use of to alleviate the bad condition of your hair and restore its shininess and beauty…
1. Almond Oil
Almond oil is considered as one of the best home remedies for dry hair thanks to its ability to moisturize and nourish the skin as well as the hair.
- Heat up some almond oil and apply the oil on your hair and scalp. Leave it for a couple of hours then rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Alternatively, mix some almond oil and eggs. Rub the solution on your hair then cover it with a towel and leave it for a half hour.
2. Olive Oil
Olive oil has been a trusted ingredient that is used to deal with a lot of skin problems. Thanks to its content of vitamin E, olive oil helps to moisturize as well as eliminate bacteria and fungus on the skin. This is the reason why it becomes a perfect ingredient to make home remedies for dry hair as the hair follicle is linked to the sebaceous glands under the skin. By applying this treatment, you can improve the condition of damaged hair and enhance the shininess.
- Warm up some olive oil and rub it gently on your hair and outer scalp
- Give it a massage for about 15 minutes
- Put on a plastic hat and leave it overnight
- Wash you hair as normal in the next morning
- Do this 2-3 times per week to quickly get rid of dry hair
Besides, olive oil is also used to treat other health and beauty problems, including Home Remedies for Wrinkles.
Do not skip this ingredient in the list of home remedies for dry hair since it is rich in lecithin and proteins, which are essential nutrients to improve damaged hair and enhance their strength and elasticity.
- Separate the glair from an egg and beat it with warm water. Wet your hair and use the solution to rub on your hair. Leave it for some minutes then rinse off.
- Alternatively, mix the glair with olive oil and apply to your hair after making it damp. Leave it for 15-30 minutes then wash your hair as normal.
Containing an array of proteins and nutrients, mayonnaise is a perfect choice for those who are looking for home remedies for dry hair. With this treatment 2-3 times a week, your hair will soon get back its beauty and shininess.
- Let your hair get wet
- Apply directly some mayonnaise
- Use a plastic hat or a towel to cover your head
- Leave it for a couple of hours then wash off with tepid water
If you are wondering how to get rid of dry hair, think of beer, an excellent hair conditioner used to moisturize and nourish the hair. Just after a short period of time, you will soon see the improvement of your condition of dry hair.
- Wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner as normal
- Add some drops of beer on your hair and scalp then let it dry naturally
With the rich content of potassium and water, you can completely use banana to curb the condition of slit ends and improve dry hair.
- Grind a banana and rub it on your hair. Cover your hair with a towel then leave it for half of hour. Finally, rinse off with water.
- Alternatively, add some drops of almond oil, honey into a mashed banana and apply it to your hair. After 30 minutes, wash off with water.
Honey is highly effective in nourishing, moisturizing and balancing the pH level of your hair.
All you need to do is let your hair get wet, apply some honey on your air and scalp. After 15-30 minutes, rinse off again with water.
Do this several times a week and you will soon see the expected result.
Avocado is rich in fat, vitamins and other nutrients, which makes it a perfect ingredient used for home remedies for dry scalp. This fruit has been confirmed to have ability to moisturize the skin, and balance the pH level.
- Peel off an avocado and grind it into a paste
- Add into it a teaspoon of wheat-germ oil and one teaspoon of jojoba oil
- Use the paste to rub on your hair and scalp then cover it with a plastic hat and towel
- After a few minutes, rinse off with water
- Do this daily until you see improvement
9. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera will never let you down when it comes to beauty treatment thanks to its content of vitamins, minerals and amino acids. Therefore, it is another great home remedy for dry hair that you should never miss.
- Take an Aloe Vera leaf and get the gel inside
- Mix it with 2 teaspoons of lavender oil, basil powder and grinded fenugreek
- Use the solution to rub on your damp hair then cover it with a towel
- Leave it over night and wash it off in the next morning
Thanks to anti-fungal and antibacterial and antioxidant properties, vinegar can eliminate the harmful factors causing dry skin and balance the pH level on the hair.
- After making your hair damp, use the solution of vinegar and water to rinse off.
- You can choose leave it dry naturally or wash off again with shampoo and conditioner if you cannot bear the smell
- Trim the split ends once every 4-6 weeks
- Use soft cloth band
- Wear hat to reduce the impact of the sun on your hair
- Do not combing your hair when it is wet
- Limit hair-styling machine
- Chose hair product with sunscreen ingredients and moisturizers
- Avoid direct contact of your hair with chlorine and chemicals in the pool by using a rubber cap
Source: https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov  https://authorityremedies.com
More by Jenny Heth
- Home Remedies for Psoriasis – Top 14 Simple Treatments
- Home Remedies for Alopecia
- Top 10 Natural Home Remedies for Ingrown Toenail
- Top 10 Natural Home Remedies for Vaginal Odor
- Top 10 Home Remedies for Staph Infection
- Top 15 Natural Home Remedies for Boils
- Top 15 Natural Home Remedies for Asthma
- 15 Natural Home Remedies for Acid Reflux
The post Home Remedies for Dry Hair – Top 15 Effective Treatments appeared first on NaturalNews Blogs.