One of the lesser known but extremely common health concerns is the lie bumps on the tongue. Not many people are well aware of what are these lie bumps or what causes these bumps on the tongue.
Today through this article we shall discuss the lie bumps and suggest some helpful and easy remedies and tips for lie bumps on tongue.
Firstly what are lie bumps on the tongue?
Bumps on the tongue that are either white or red in color appear on the surface of the tongue are called as lie bumps. These bumps can cause mild to intense pain and irritation but are not contagious. Consumption of extremely cold or spicy food can cause irritation and pain on the tongue because of the lie bumps.
What causes lie bumps on the tongue?
The definite cause of lie bumps on the tongue is yet to be found however, there are a few reasons that can cause the lie bumps on the tongue. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Food Allergies
- Fungal Infections
- Bacterial Infections
- Accidentally Biting the Tongue
- Vitamin B Deficiency
So now that we are well versed with some of the common causes of the lie bumps on tongue let us now proceed with some quick, easy and helpful remedies and tips for lie bumps on the tongue.
Home Remedies for Lie Bumps on the Tongue:
1. Figs & Water Remedy
Worried about the annoying lie bumps on the tongue and want to get immediate relief from it?
Then try out this easy and helpful remedy using figs and water.
Figs are naturally packed with various vitamins and minerals that help in fighting against the infection causing bacteria.
- Dried Figs – 1 tbsp
- Boiled Water – 1 Glass
- Add the dried figs into a glass of boiled water.
- Mix this well and drink this liquid.
- Repeat this process for at least 2-3 times in a day for a week or until you don’t see any signs of lie bumps on your tongue.
2. Salt Water Gargle Remedy
This may sound extremely surprising to you, but a simple as salt water can actually help you get rid of the lie bumps on the tongue.
How is that possible you may ask?
Well, it’s because salt water contains anti-bacterial properties that help in eliminating the infection causing bacteria present on the tongue and this further results in relieving the lie bumps concern.
This remedy not only helps in reducing the inflammation and the irritation on the tongue caused due to the lie bumps but it also helps to get rid of Heal Cuts on the Tongue
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Water – 1 Glass
- Firstly add some water into the saucepan and place it over medium heat.
- Allow the water to warm up a little and once it reaches the warm consistency you can take it off the heat.
- Now transfer the warm water into a glass and add some salt into it and mix it well.
- Now gargle using this salt water for 20-30 seconds and later spit the water out.
- Repeat this process for at least 3-4 times in a day to get rid of the lie bumps on your tongue completely.
- This remedy needs to be continued for at least 3-4 days for best results.
3. Mint Leaves Remedy
Mint leaves are probably the best and the most effective natural ingredient to treat any kind of infection on the skin or on the body.
This is because mint leaves contain a high amount of antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. This helps in treating and preventing the tongue from lie bumps.
- Fresh Mint Leaves – 1 tbsp
- For this remedy, all you need to do is to chew some fresh mint leaves and eat it.
- Repeat this process for at least 2-3 times in a day and continue it for 4-5 days.
- This remedy helps in treating the lie bumps on the tongue as well as prevents the tongue from this irritating infection.
4. Magnesia Milk Remedy
If you are looking for an effective cure from the lie bumps on your tongue, then this remedy is just what you need!
Magnesia milk has been proven to be one of the best antacids that helps in treating the irritating lie bumps on the tongue.
- Magnesia Milk – ½ Cup
- Cotton Ball – 1
- Small Bowl
- Firstly take some magnesia milk into a small bowl.
- Now dip a cotton ball into the magnesia milk and let it soak well for a min.
- Now squeeze the cotton ball to ring out the excess magnesia milk from it.
- Now apply this magnesia milk-soaked cotton ball over the lie bumps on your tongue.
- This process needs to be repeated for at least 2-3 times in a day.
- Continue this remedy for 2-3 days for best results.
So these were our top most recommendations for the remedies and tips for lie bumps on the tongue.
All of the remedies and tips mentioned in this article are completely natural, safe and cause no side effect what so ever.
However, if the skin condition of lie bumps on tongue prolongs for a longer period of time, then it is best suggested to consult a specialist for the same.
Source for this article
About The Author