Heartburn is described as a burning sensation that can be felt in the chest specifically at the lower sternum. Such pain is caused by a reflux of digestive acid that shoots up and enters the lower esophagus thus resulting in a burning sensation and acute pain.
This condition is also called as acid reflux, cardialgia, pyrosis, and GERD.
Statistically, 60 million of Americans suffer from this heartburn condition and needless to say it’s never pleasant when it occurs. That’s why this article is written. To help you alleviate the pain and ultimately achieve heartburn cure. But because of the limitations of the length of this article. I’ll be just covering some general heartburn cure.
Enough of that and let’s get to the meat.
Its already know that some substances can cause heartburn. So, by simply avoiding this “triggers” you can achieve heartburn cure before it even started. Pretty neat huh!
But what substance that usually causes heartburn? Well here’s the top 5 (1, 2). Drum roll please….
1. Caffeine – The top spot goes to caffeine and its derivatives, like colas, chocolates, and some teas. This substance can cause the esophagus sphincter muscle to relax, thus resulting in backward flow of digestive acids.
2. Fatty Foods and Oily Foods – These substances slow down digestion because they need special enzymes that can digest them. The problem with longer digestion, foods begin to pile up in the stomach increasing pressure to the sphincter of the esophagus and eventually give way. There goes the digestive acids again, burning the esophagus.
3. Tomatoes – Tomatoes and tomato-based products also cause heartburn. This kind of foods also relaxes the sphincter of the esophagus muscles.
4. Smoking – The chemicals from puffing a stick of cigarette causes to weaken the sphincter muscle of the lower esophagus.
5. Alcohol – Has relaxing effects on the sphincter muscle of the esophagus.
Now that you know what kind of foods to avoid. Let’s add some tips on how to actually achieve heartburn cure.
You should try to eat high fiber diets. Also, you can try some herbal supplements like ginger tea or ginger ale, which by the way is gaining popularity recently. Drinking lots of water also provides heartburn cure. Swallowing saliva. Saliva reduces acidity by 50%. Also, it is best done with chewing gums, coz it will stimulate to produce more saliva.
But still, these are recommendations. It’s best to ask your physician before trying anything.
- Heartburn Cures Handbook: Easy & Fast Acid Reflux Relief Using Natural Remedies and Treatments, Aug 28, 2013 by Patricia Gardner
- Heartburn: Acid Reflux Cure: Get Heartburn, Acid Reflux Cured Naturally in 3 Week Step by Step Program (Heartburn, Heartburn No More, Heartburn Cured, … Reflux Cure, Acid Reflux Help, Digestion), Jun 17, 2015 by Floyd Anderson
The post Heartburn Cure; Tips to Mellow Down That Burning Heartburn Pain appeared first on NaturalNews Blogs.