A hyperbaric chamber is an integral part of the medical treatment of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT). These chambers come in different types to meet different needs. Hyperbaric chambers are widely used by hospitals and healthcare centers to provide HBOT to patients. These chambers are also owned by individuals in their homes, who frequently need HBOT to treat any medical condition, or to simply enhance their health and fitness.
Before buying a hyperbaric chamber, you need to know the types of chambers available.
Types of Hyperbaric Chambers
The 2 main types of hyperbaric chambers employed to administer HBOT are:
Monoplace Hyperbaric Chambers:
As suggested by the name, a monoplace chamber is used to treat a single patient. At the time of treatment, the whole atmosphere within a monoplace chamber is filled up with 100% oxygen, and pressurized. To safeguard the patient from oxygen toxicity, he/she is allowed to take short “air breaks”, in which he/she breathes normal air.
A remarkable advancement in the design of a hyperbaric chamber is a pressure-safe acrylic tube. Most of the manufacturers provide monoplace chambers with this design. Clinical staff can get a clear view of patients due to the transparent walls, and the patients experience less of the “closed-in” feeling.
Multiplace Hyperbaric Chambers:
Multiplace hyperbaric chambers have the capacity to have more than a single patient. Patients may recline or sit in chairs, based on the chamber’s configuration and the needs of the patient. Ambient pressurized atmosphere inside a multiplace chamber is normal air. 100% oxygen is provided to patients through an endotracheal tube mask, or hood.
It’s possible for medical personnel to give company to patients within multiplace chambers at the time of treatment. This lets them monitor the patents directly, and carry out procedures compatible with the environment involving pure oxygen presence and high atmospheric pressure.
Tips to Buy a Portable Hyperbaric Chamber:
Portable hyperbaric chambers are employed to treat several conditions. They are used for autism treatment, to cure tissue infections and heal burns. If you are thinking about buying a chamber for your home, there are a number of factors you need to consider.
Here are some guidelines to purchase a portable hyperbaric chamber:
1. Hyperbaric chambers are meant to be used for certain specific purposes only. You cannot use a chamber anytime. Prior to using also, you need to be very careful and must know the purpose behind using the chamber.
2. Know the chamber’s maximum pressure. It’s usually measured in “psi” or “ata”. You may opt for mild chambers since such chambers don’t apply the same pressure as the pressure of a professional hyperbaric chamber. So, a low risk is involved.
3. Know the hyperbaric chamber’s width, inflated diameter, and length. Get an understanding of the entire operation of the system, and also the methodology of inflation and deflation.
4. Check out the hyperbaric chamber’s weight, so that it can be carried to your home safely.
5. Prior to purchasing the chamber you like, read the guidelines carefully, and carry out one test if possible. Make sure that the chamber makes you feel comfortable when you are inside it and you don’t suffer from claustrophobia.
6. Check the background and reputation of the chamber seller thoroughly. Make sure that the seller has a clean history of providing only high quality hyperbaric chambers. Safety should be your topmost priority when buying a chamber. So, ensure that the seller you are considering provides chambers that are highly safe and secure.
7. Ask for the safety and verification records of the hyperbaric chambers from the sellers.
8. You can also go for leasing a chamber for using at home. Hire a chamber and use it for a few days or months. In case you find it effective in solving your problems, you may always go ahead and buy a new chamber.
Most importantly, if you are planning to buy a chamber to get HBOT, seek the advice of an authorized medical practitioner on what type of chamber would be suitable for you. These tips would help you decide better when buying a chamber.
The post 8 Guidelines to Follow when Buying a Hyperbaric Chamber appeared first on NaturalNews Blogs.