You probably know that beets are good for your blood. But did you know that they contain many essential nutrients including copper, magnesium, iron, potassium, B vitamins, and manganese. These nutrients are the reason beets have been used to treat numerous diseases over the years.
Adding beets to your salads and smoothies will give you lots of health benefits. Here are 10 things that will happen to your body when you eat beets regularly.
1. Stronger capillary walls: Beets contain B complex vitamins and antioxidants that strengthen capillary walls. This will consequently improve the overall circulation of blood in the brain and body.
2. Faster creation of new cells: When you eat beets your body will rejuvenate and create new cells faster – thanks to folate acid.
3. Fight free radicals and oxidative stress: Free radicals and oxidative stress increase risk of cancer and other diseases. The polyphenols and betalains in beets will help fight these free radicals, research shows.
4. Boost your metabolism: This veggie contains nutrients that boost metabolism. Research has proven that beetroot juice has a positive effect on your metabolism.
5. Better bone health: Beets contain magnesium which helps improve bone health. And they’ll also keep your heart healthy because they contain folate and potassium.
6. Flush toxins from your body: The betalain pigment (which gives it the red color) in beets will help remove toxins from your body. Beets also contain pectin which removes heavy metals from the body. This substance can also kill harmful parasites in the intestines.
7. Improved digestion: You probably know that fiber improves digestion. Well, beets contain lots of dietary fiber.
8. Lower risk of cancer: As I mentioned earlier, beets kill free radicals. They also contain betacyanins, compounds that block growth of cancer cells.
9. Promote formation of red blood cells: Beets promote formation of red blood cells because they contain cobalt. This nutrient helps in formation of vitamin B12 – which plays a vital role in formation of red blood cells.
10. Lower risk of dementia: Beets contain nitrates, which are converted to nitrites in the mouth. Well, research shows that nitrites can improve circulation of blood and oxygen into the brain.
The post 10 Mind Blowing Things That Happen To Your Body When You Eat Beets appeared first on NaturalNews Blogs.