Most skincare products are pricey and have side effects. But the truth is you don’t need them. You can keep your skin healthy and glowing using natural foods. These foods don’t have any side effects and they’re affordable.
1.Honey: Honey is great for your skin because it has antioxidant and antibacterial properties. Wearing a raw-honey-face-mask for 15 minutes will kill bacteria and leave your skin softer and brighter.
Research also shows that honey can be used as a face moisturizer and helps treat pimples.
2. Bananas: This fruit contains high amounts of potassium. Potassium keeps the skin hydrated and looking young. If you have dry or peeling skin, apply mashed up ripe bananas and leave them for 15 minutes before washing of. Rubbing banana peel on your face can also help treat acne.
3. Dark chocolate: You probably know that dark chocolate for its strong antioxidant properties and ability to control appetite. Well, consuming dark chocolate regularly can fight skin dryness. Make sure you eat it in moderation if you’re trying to lose weight.
4. Papaya: Papayas contain vitamins A and C which help protect the skin from UV rays. This fruit can also help prevent wrinkles.
5. Beets: Do you want to make your skin brighter? Beets are the answer! Beets improve circulation and help remove toxins from the cells. Drink a glass of beet juice every day.
6. Rosemary: Rosemary contains strong antioxidant properties. This essential oil can protect the skin from being damaged by the sun.
7. Carrots: Carrots contain vitamin A which helps prevent wrinkles. Eat one carrot as a day.
8. Apple: Apples contain lots of vitamin C that has been proven to fight different diseases. This vitamin also helps the skin healthy and tight. You can eat this fruit or smash it and apply it on the skin.
9. Eggs: Eggs contain high amounts of vitamin A. Increase intake of eggs if your skin is dry.
10. Kales: This veggie contains lutein and zeaxanthin, compounds that block free radicals which damage the skin. It also contains vitamin A and C.